The Absolute Truth About Civil Government
In a prayer to the Heavenly Father, the Lord Jesus Christ said, "Thy word is truth" (John 17:17). The Bible is God's word, and is therefore the absolute truth. In John 8:31-32 Jesus said, "If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." We invite you to freedom. Look up the Bible verses referenced after the following statements, to see that the statements are true.
- Government is a God-ordained institution (Rom. 13:1-7).
- Government's God-given authority is to punish evildoers (Rom. 13:3-4).
- Socialism---the erroneous idea that government has God-like power to give wealth and prosperity, and should therefore own all businesses, and provide free education and free health-care, and guarantee an income to everyone---is based on atheism, and cannot work (Deut. 8:18-20; Ps. 9:17).
- Socialism is legalized robbery, for it takes from those who work to give to those who will not (2 Thes. 3:7-12).
- Government is not God, but is God's servant; therefore we should pay taxes and obey government in all things, except, of course, if our government should lead us to disobey God, for God is above all---the King of kings, and the Lord of lords (Rom. 13:1-7; Acts 5:29; Dan. 3:1-30; 6:1-28).
Louis A. Turk, B.A., M.Div., Ph.D.
The website dedicated to the study of eternal life.
ETERNAL LIFE IS NOT TEMPORARY LIFE!