The Absolute Truth About Sex and Marriage
In a prayer to the Heavenly Father, the Lord Jesus Christ said, "Thy word is truth" (John 17:17). The Bible is God's word, and is therefore the absolute truth. In John 8:31-32 Jesus said, "If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." We invite you to freedom. Look up the Bible verses referenced after the following statements, to see that the statements are true.
- God created sex, and, used as God intended, sex is not sinful but is very good (Gen. 1:27-28; Heb. 13:4).
- God instituted the home to be one husband and one wife covenanted together by marriage until death due them part; therefore polygamy, homosexuality and divorce are wrong (Mat. 19:3-9; Mal. 2:11-16; Lev. 18:22-24; Rom. 1:26-28).
- Fornication (premarital sex and extramarital sex) is sin (1 Cor. 6:9-20).
- God commands married couples to be fruitful and multiply; therefore sexless marriages and all forms of birth-control are wrong (Gen. 1:27-28; 1 Cor. 7:4-5; Gen. 38:7-10; Lev. 15:9-33 and 20:18; Lev. 18:22-25 and 20:13; 1 Tim. 5:14).
- God ordained the husband to be the head of the wife (Eph. 5:23).
- God commands the wife to love, honor, reverence, submit to, and obey her husband (Eph. 5:22, 24, 33; 1 Pet. 3:1-6).
- God commands the husband to love his wife even as himself (Eph. 5:25-33; 1 Pet. 3:7).
- God commands children to honor and obey their parents (Eph. 6:1-3).
- Abortion is murder, and God forbids it (Ex. 20:13; 21:22-25).
- It is wrong for women to dress like men, or for men to dress like women (Deut. 22:5).
- It is shameful for a man to wear his hair long, and for a woman to wear her hair short (1 Cor. 11:1-15).
- It is wrong for a Christian to marry a non-Christian (2 Cor. 6:14-18).
- Spanking---to be distinguished from battering---is the God approved method of child-discipline (Prov. 22:15; 23:13-14; 29:15).
- To refuse to spank a naughty child is the ultimate form of child-abuse (Prov. 13:24).
- Children are not to be provoked to anger, but rather are to be loved and brought up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord (Eph. 6:4).
Louis A. Turk, B.A., M.Div., Ph.D.
The website dedicated to the study of eternal life.
ETERNAL LIFE IS NOT TEMPORARY LIFE!