The Absolute Truth About the Church
In a prayer to the Heavenly Father, the Lord Jesus Christ said, "Thy word is truth" (John 17:17). The Bible is God's word, and is therefore the absolute truth. In John 8:31-32 Jesus said, "If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." We invite you to freedom. Look up the Bible verses referenced after the following statements, to see that the statements are true.
- Christ loved the church, and gave himself for it (Eph. 5:25).
- The church-not the lodge or the public school-is the house of God (1 Tim. 3:15).
- The church-not the university or the news media-is the pillar and ground of the truth (1 Tim. 3:15).
- The church is the body of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23; Col. 1:24).
- The church is the bride of Christ (2 Cor. 1:1 compared to 2 Cor. 11:2).
- The Lord Jesus Christ-not the Pope or some other mortal-is the head of the church (Eph. 1:22; 5:23); and Jesus-not Peter-is the Rock upon which the church is built (Mat. 16:18; 1 Pet. 2:2-8; Eph. 2:20; Acts 4:10-11; Luke 20:9-19; 2 Sam. 22:1-3, 32, and 47; Ps. 18:2-3, and 46; 62:2 and 6-7).
- God receives glory through the church, not through "man-made" organizations such as lodges, conventions, associations, mission boards, etc. (Eph. 3:21).  It is sin not to attend church faithfully (Heb. 10:25).
- The church is local, not universal (1 Cor. 1:2; Gal. 1:2; Col. 4:15).
- The church is visible, not invisible (Philemon 1:2; 3 John 1:9).
- The government of the church is a theoracy and congregational, not by the dictatorship of a man or council of men (3 John 1:9-11; 1 Pet. 5:1-3; Mat. 23:1-12).
- The genuine church is funded by tithes and offerings, not by chili suppers, and pie sales, or by raffles, bingo or other forms of gambling (John 2:13-16; Ex. 20:17).
- The Bible says that there are false prophets and false churches which "corrupt the word of God," and preach a false Jesus, a false Holy Spirit and a false Gospel, of which we must beware (Jude 1:3-4; 2 Cor. 11:1-4; Gal. 1:6-9).
- Jesus commands his Church to remain "separate" from such phony groups; therefore the ecumenical movement (which teaches that all religions should unite) is wrong (1 John 1:19; 2 John 1:9-11; 2 Cor. 6:14-18).
- The genuine church was founded by Christ-not by Peter, Martin Luther, John Calvin, or some other mortal man (Mat. 16:17-18).
- The genuine church was founded in the land of Israel-not in Rome, Germany, France, England or America (Mat. 16:18-Mat. 18:17).
- The genuine church was founded before Christ was crucified-not on the day of Pentecost or hundreds of years later (Mat. 18:17).
- The gates of Hell cannot prevail against the genuine church; therefore it has never needed to be "protested," nor has it come out of any religious organization that needed to be protested (Mat. 16:18).
Important note: Of the over 200 different types of churches in existence today, only the true Baptist church was founded by Christ, in Israel, before Christ's crucifixion. The Baptist church is the oldest church and is the original, genuine church. This does not mean that you must join a Baptist church in order to be saved; in fact, you will not be allowed to join until you are ALREADY saved! There are two qualification for membership in a true Baptist church: (1) you must have repented of your sins, and believed in the Gospel of Jesus Christ so that you are ALREADY saved; and (2) you must be Scripturally baptized. Church membership does NOT save; JESUS SAVES.
- John was the first Baptist (Mat. 3:1). His name was John; "the Baptist" was what he was; John was authorized by God to baptize (John 1:6 and 32-33; Luke 20:1-8).
- Jesus walked approximately 20 miles to be baptized by Baptist authority; this made Jesus a Baptist (Mark 1:9).
- Jesus took disciples baptized by John and organized them into the first church; this church was therefore a Baptist church (Mark 3:14-19; 1 Cor. 12:28).
Louis A. Turk, B.A., M.Div., Ph.D.
The website dedicated to the study of eternal life.
ETERNAL LIFE IS NOT TEMPORARY LIFE!