The Absolute Truth About the Future
In a prayer to the Heavenly Father, the Lord Jesus Christ said, "Thy word is truth" (John 17:17). The Bible is God's word, and is therefore the absolute truth. In John 8:31-32 Jesus said, "If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." We invite you to freedom. Look up the Bible verses referenced after the following statements, to see that the statements are true.
- The second-coming of Christ is imminent---it could happen today (2 Pet. 3:1-13).
- No one knows the day or the hour when Christ will return; since it could happen today, we must be ready now (Mat. 24:42-51).
- Immediately after this present church age, all believers will be taken up to Heaven with Christ for a seven year period to stand before the Judgement seat of Christ to determine rewards to be received, and to attend the marriage of the church to Christ in a church and state combination (Rev. 4:1-11; Rev. 19:1-8).
- On earth during this seven-year period most of the population will die in the Great Tribulation (Rev. 5:1-19:21).
- During the Great Tribulation, the world will be united politically under a one-world government led by an ungodly man called the Beast and Anti-Christ, and will be united religiously under a one-world religious system led by a wondrous liar called the False Prophet (Rev. 13:1-18:24).
- The Great Tribulation will end when Christ returns with his saints to set up his millennium-one thousand year-kingdom, ruling from Jerusalem (Rev. 19:1-16).
- During the millennium, Satan will be kept chained in the Bottomless Pit (Rev. 20:1-3).
- When the millennium ends, Satan will be loosed out of the Bottomless Pit, and will deceive the nations once again (Rev. 20:3-8).
- The nations will rise up in rebellion against God and against His Christ, and God will send fire down from Heaven to devour them and purge sin from the universe (Rev. 20:4-10; 2 Pet. 3:10-13).
- All unbelievers of all ages will then stand before the Great White Throne to be judged according to their works; they will all be cast into the burning flames of the Lake Which Burneth With Fire and Brimestone to be tormented for eternity with Satan and the Beast and False Prophet for rejecting Christ as their personal Lord and Savior (Rev. 20:10-15).
Louis A. Turk, B.A., M.Div., Ph.D.
The website dedicated to the study of eternal life.
ETERNAL LIFE IS NOT TEMPORARY LIFE!